Monday, October 09, 2006

Leaving Lawrence

Last week in the WCOOP Main Event, I busted 50 places out of the money. I was hanging around for the most part until I put together a little rush as we approached the bubble. An early position player, Azimut, moved in for 38K with the blinds at 1K/2K. I picked up AKs in middle position and felt I must be up against the same hand or a small/middle pair. However, with the average stack approaching 70K and still several rounds away from reaching the money I decided to send my 42K into the pot. My opponent showed AQo... River: Queen. I quadrupled up two hands later & busted with 68s for my last 10K against AK.

I am leaving for a very long drive to Lake Tahoe tomorrow afternoon. Over the next three days, I will be driving 1,655 miles. It will surely be torture. Hopefully, I will figure out what I have been doing wrong over the last 6 months in online cash games. In other news, GBecks is on a tear! Last night, he placed 2nd in the Full Tilt 250K. It was a remarkable accomplishment on its own, but he also finsihed 3rd in the Party Million last week.

Cheers, Lawrence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home