Saturday, April 28, 2007

Birthday Boozin'

When you're a kid, it doesn't feel any different, but it's actually starting to feel a little different as each year passes. Maybe it's the realization Matt (younger brother) is graduating from college in a week and I am going back to college. Eh, whatever...

I went to the Fox & Hound at 10:30 after watching live updates on Cardplayer.com of the WPT Championship. I was pulling for Kirk Morrison, but Carlos Mortenson staged a very impressive comeback, eventually clinching the title and nearly 4 million with KJs vs. A4o AI PF. I can't say I am too surprised. Carlos has had a number of deep finishes in major events in the last year and I believe he is staked by Erick Lindgren. Normally, the fact of being backed by a particular individual would be irrelevant, but Lindgren has a knack for staking soon-to-be superstars. Carlos was one beforehand, but he apparently made some poor decisions in game selection at the cash games. Other phenoms of Lindgren include, Bill Edler, Robert Mizrachi and Peter Feldman. Anyways, I drank a number of Crown & Cokes and headed out. As it was a Friday, most of the regulars including Grime, Wiggins, Stephanie, Kaitlin, Mike, Sheryl, Janet, Jared and others mostly filled The Fox & Hound. I accepted a challenge of 'Dice' against Wiggins then another and I believe another. 'Blind Squirrel Theory' has yet to come through against Wiggins; I have yet to win a match of best out of three in 5 or 6 attempts. Shortly after midnight, several of us went to Lakeside. I watched as a few hands of blackjack were played and participated in further boozin'. We had a bite in the cafe. I opted for a prime rib sandwich with cheese fries while Wiggins and Jared had the breakfast special. Each meal was inhaled as quickly as David Blaine gasping for air. Thereafter, we went for a few games of pool at Goal Post, but it was late and drinking no longer seemed very enticing. We grabbed a taxi, head back up Kingsbury Grade and as I have done many times before stumbled back to the condo safe and sound.

-----

I placed 22nd of 281 participants in the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund. It was a $20 buy-in with .01 of each buy-in going into the prize pool and the remainder matched by Poker Stars and sent to the HSMF. It was an impressive finish considering I didn't log-on until after I busted out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home