Friday, April 06, 2007

It wasn't for a lack of trying...

In nearly two years of professional poker, I have found it important to surround oneself with a strong supporting cast. At no point should a member become superior or inferior to any other member. As with any group dynamic, each member will take on a role of his own, but it still remains the same. Each member shares an equal role in furthering the progress of the groups' success. The poker world is not a journey meant to be taken alone. 'I am only as strong as those whom I stand beside.'

I have stood beside some of the best in the poker industry over the past few years, but I am now standing alone. I am the cause of my own suffering, but I meant in no way for the trialing events of the past year and a half to effect in such a negative light. I had no right to expect certain ideals in others, should have been more considerate toward the group and should not have left suddenly although it would not have done much good if I stayed.

It has been pointed out countless times I am too trustworthy. I admit it is the cause of the destruction, but it is also the reason for many of the strong friendships I have made in the last four years. It was a double-edged sword. Sometimes the situations worked themselves out; in others they did not. I tried to make decisions for the better of the group, but it is obvious I had many lapses of judgment. However, it soon reached the point I could no longer handle the blows. I realize I should not have expected others to get in the middle, but it would have been helpful to hear something other than, "You had it coming," after an occurrence of being taken advantage of.

I am very appreciative and hope only the best for each of you. I want you to know I did all I could to fix the financial situation. It may be argued I was obligated to do so. Maybe I was, but in any case, I clearly got in the middle, looking out for more than just myself. I didn't want you to have to go down the same road I had gone down so many times.

In the end, I think I'll make a much better elementary school teacher, than a poker player.


Cheers Lawrence

Michael 'BraveJayhawk' Jensen

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

come visit again and realize we all feel alone sometimes, but never really are :)

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home