Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Agenda

I have played very little poker over the last two weeks. It just hasn't seemed appealing lately. However, I played a $500 PL Omaha Shootout against Anoob this afternoon. Ship it!

Since I am planning on going back to school in the Fall, I have began the enrollment process. Third time's a charm? Who knows? Unfortunately, I already ran into a slight difficulty. In order to be eligible for transfer, I need a mathematics credit. Luckily, I was kicked out of the lone math course I enrolled in at KU. Apparently, I was not eligible for the course, even though I had already passed a course of greater difficulty in high school. Uck! Therefore, I am going to have to take an online course over the summer. Looking forward to it, of course.

On Saturday, I am driving to Los Angeles for Easter and a few errands scattered throughout next week. It doesn't look like Bellagio is in the horizon. Although it has been one of my primary goals to play in the WPT Championship, $2,500 satelittes don't seem feasible for the time being.

Going back to school is clearly the correct decision. Over the past several months, poker has lost a better part of its appeal. I am by no means quitting, as it would be a completely unrealistic possibility. However, it is time the agenda is filled with other, more constructive, goals and ambitions, not just poker. It hasn't been a harsh realization, just a realization. I am not the player, at least not at the moment, capable of accomplishing the lofty goals I have set out to achieve.

-----

Justin 'Looshle' Pechie made a valiant run in WPT Foxwoods, finishing in 14th place. Among his tournament accomplishments are 3rd in $2,500 NLH at the WSOP and 1st in $1,000 LHE at the LAPC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home