Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Snow Day

After a poor snow season, it seems mother nature is playing catch-up. Last night more than a foot of snow fell from the sky in the Lake Tahoe area. I was clueless about the expected storm and while the snow began to fall I was hanging out with some friends at the Grand Sierra in Reno after dropping off Reed 'Badbeatme' Hensel at the airport. After receiving notice of the storm, I quickly left for the condo. Since the Mazda caught a flat earlier in the afternoon, I was left with my dad's car, which does not have chains. As I began to climb the Kingsbury Grade, the snow began falling thicker and quicker. To be honest, I did not think the chances of reaching the top were very much in my favor. Nevertheless, I kept going, as snow tires/chains were not mandatory at the time. Even though it was safe to proceed, I knew I was in for a real treat after passing a flipped car on the other side of the road. It was around this time I made a deal with myself. If I made it safely to the top, I would park the car and walk the remainder of the way. It was certainly a sweat the rest of the way (i.e. spinning tires, lost traction), but I made it. I parked the car and walked briskly through the fast-falling snow.

-----

With 11 players remaining, J.C. 'PrtyPSux' Alvardo is 2nd in chips at WPT Reno. Play will conclude when six players remain. Other notables: David Pham, J.C. Tran, Mark Seif, Danny Wong and Erick Lindgren.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home