Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Vomit

I played 'sarahbellum' HU 5/10 on two tables. In the past several weeks, I have had impressive results, but it was not the case today. In a nutshell, SB raises nearly every hand, re-raises to 110 often and only bets the pot on the river with the best hand. However, the cards did not fall in my favor and I also made a few costly errors. Even still, I was unable to connect with AK & AQ in raised or re-raised pots, missed every flop (one exception) in which I called a re-raise pre-flop and mostly won pre-flop with big pairs.


Slap in the Face

I re-raised to 110 w/ JJ, saw a flop of J76 and was only able to extract 175 v. 66. SB checked behind on the flop, called on the turn (8), and checked behind on the river (T). The river brought a gutshot and 3-flush.

Tilt

I took 98 against 66 on a flop of 996. If I wasn't rattled, I would have been able to get away from this hand. SB only makes aggressive moves at the pot with big hands and bets the pot with the best of it. I was fortunate not to have been up against trips with a higher kicker. This hand was clearly over-played and should have been easily avoided.


The Exception

I flopped a monster in a re-raised pot with K9s. After a flop of K9x, SB bet the pot (220), I raised AI, he quickly called with AK and caught an A on the river. It was a nice way to cap off a -4,800 session.


Although it was expensive, I learned a lot about SB's betting patterns and style of play. I should fare well in fare will in future battles as long as I can avoid costly lapses of judgment.

-----

edit:

I raised with KK (w/ club) and saw a flop of xxx (all clubs). SB checked, I bet 60 and SB called. The turn brought a fourth club. SB checked and I check behind. The river was irrelevant. SB checked, I bet 150, SB check-raised to 500 and I called. I'll remember to fold next time. Well played.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home