Monday, August 27, 2007

Reunion

Last night was only my second UFC experience, but I am beginning to take quite a liking to it. Although it is a little on the barbaric side, it is certainly pure and unlike boxing isn't fixed. It will only be a matter of time before I am become a fanatic myself. Sigh... I guess it could be worse. Lol. Actually, last night was more like a walk down memory lane. I hadn't seem some faces since high school. I shared a few beers with Jeremy & Ian alongside with Russell, Matt, Ben and others until 11:00 at which point I went over to Amanda's. It was an early birthday celebration for Amanda most of which consisted of boozing and ridiculous drinking games. I also saw Lexi and Kelsey both of which I hadn't seen since high school. The only mishap was a brutal defeat against Tufeld in beer pong.

Even though it has only been a week, I am certain moving back to Los Angeles was the correct decision. I have great friends in which I met through poker (and in Kansas, obv), but it was never the same without a close nit group of non-poker friends. I have re-united with many of my closest friends from high school in the last several months and it's as if we haven't missed a step. Also, it's refreshing not having to talk about poker all day.

Since I have spent in excess of 10K on tuition and furnishing my apartment, I'm going to stick with the grind for a while. I have recently started coaching & staking an array of players on Full Tilt, so I have begun playing there some myself. I'm off to a decent start in 1/2 NL 6-max. Unfortunately, it doesn't qualify for a math credit. Math 131 will be on Mondays and Wednesdays 4:00 - 5:15. Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home