Thursday, August 02, 2007

Flipping

I arrived in Las Vegas yesterday in the early evening. It had bee already decided it would be a long night of drinking and partying. It had been long overdue for a haircut, so I went for a trim shortly after arriving in town. Aussie J had better things to do, so it was just Katz, Adam and I. We started at the Palms (Ghost & Playboy Club). It was pretty mellow and the crowd was a little on the older side. It didn't probably make a difference either way, but we at least wanted an opportunity to meet a few girls. We hopped a cab over to Venetian, but the club was closed and we were left with Tangerine (@ Treasure Island) as our last option for the night. It was jam packed. If such a situation arose in which an evacuation was necessary, it would have been a disaster. Maneuvering inside was nearly impossible especially with the dance floor between the bar and the entrance. The patio was manageable for moving around, but the air conditioning units were dripping water from one side of the patio to the other. We met a group of girls from Minnesota or maybe it was Arizona or Wisconsin. Whatever. Anyways, we had an opportunity, but we made a mistake at some point and yada, yada, yada... we were of to Sapphire. No matter the circumstances specific details from within will not be discussed, but altogether it was a entertaining and rather inexpensive evening. Adam and I made a bet in which prevented us from going into the VIP. If we were to do so, it would have been a $200 (it was later increased to $400) penalty in which we would have to pay the other. It was rather intelligent bet on our part, but I still lapsed at one point. Luckily, she was too drunk and I left after a few minutes, before specifics had been decided upon.

Most importantly on the evening, I extended a now length streak in losing flips. Katz, Adam and I flipped for such things as bar tabs, cab rides and cover charges. I managed to lose all but two of them. We probably made close to (10) altogether. I lost a four-way flip for Chilis this afternoon and I lost (5) successive flips for dinner a couple weeks ago. It could be argued I am nearing the capacity of maximizing my 'Due Factor'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home