Sunday, September 02, 2007

AK < AK

I had a very successful session on Poker.com last night for a profit of around $1,500. Meanwhile, I had several friends over for the USC football game for a house-warming. The game was uneventful, as USC's offense lacked many moments of flair. However, the upset of Michigan was quite a shock. Actually, it was probably the biggest upset of all-time, so it was a little more of a shock. I can't imagine the thoughts going through Lloyd Carr. He surely has a long week ahead of him.

I played a few tournaments today. In the 320 satellite on Stars, I lost all-in with AJ v. 22 on a flop of J62 after a raise from early position and a call from the big blind. It was exasperating. I qualified in a 55 satellite for the 750K on Tilt. The most interesting hand was a failed squeeze attempt. With the blinds at 500 & 1,000, UTG+1, button and small blind limped. I held Q8cc in the big blind. Against all rational thought, I raised to 11,000, leaving myself 3,000 behind. UTG+1 re-raised all-in for 40,000. I called and was shown T9hh. ??? I was out-flopped, but I completed the flush draw on the turn. It was a relief. He re-raised 1,000 to 14,000 without any fold equity? Lol However, fate and I met shortly after. I re-raised all-in with AK big blind vs. small blind. He snap-called with AK and I lost. I lost the remaining few blinds a couple hands later. It was annoying, but I have been playing well lately in tournaments. It is only a matter of time; I'll have a shoot soon enough.

I am meeting with a web designer on Wednesday. It has been delayed for a couple weeks. Moving is a long, miserable process. However, I am now sleeping in a bed and have a cozy couch to pass out on. Most importantly, the Internet has been flawless and I had a successful week in cash games. It was a pretty good week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home