Wednesday, September 05, 2007

oooh Party Poker!!!

I am currently browsing until 4:00 at which point Math (< 200) begins. Even though I have been very busy, I am heading in the right direction academically speaking. My brother and I had a meeting with our web designer earlier this afternoon. It went quite well. A lot of matters were sorted out and the initial phase into the re-construction of the website (TheRailbirds.com) has begun. I am excited and optimistic the website will be very successful. I went straight to CSUN afterwards and began the miserable process of finding a parking spot. I also decided it would be in my best interest to purchase a parking pass before acquiring a half dozen parking tickets. In my third semester at Kansas, I compiled 7 or 8 parking tickets between September and October. It was a large amount considering I had a lack-luster attendance record in each of my classes.

As I was gathering my belongings from the backseat of my car, I caught glimpse of an attractive female in the corner of my eye. I made a subtle glance in her direction. It is hardly effective, but I am a believer in my self-promoted 'Blind Squirrel Theory'. It's essentially equivalent to hitting a two-outer with one pull of the deck. In this instance, the two-outer rolled right off the top of the deck. She asked, "Is finding a parking spot always this difficult?" I answered quite wittingly, at least I'm convincing myself of that. As we walked toward the stairway, we continued talking. A non-verbal invitation was certainly sent, but I began questioning if she were too young, because I have a minimum standard of 21 and it seemed like a close call. We parted ways with a goodbye. It may have been a lost opportunity, but I avoided the awkwardness if I were to discover she was 18 or 19.

If I learned anything at all, it was my yellow Party Poker polo shirt may be a lucky shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home