Thursday, May 10, 2007

Kaboom!

It was quite a site.

Only minutes into the session, I re-raised with KK, sarahbellum called with 65 and the flop came J65. It was not the start I was intending.

I was caught on a couple big bluffs. Then, this happened...

I check-raised with J7 on a flop of 775. SB called with 46 and caught a 3 on the turn.

I made a couple poor calls...

... missed every flop in which the pot was re-raised...

A walk here and a walk there...

Finally, I have an overpair or top pair in a re-raised pot... no action

Then, I actually got some action...

I re-raised to 100 w/ 99. Bet 200 on a flop of 986, called AI and lost to 87.

After this hand, I decided it was time to quit.

I lost 8.5 buy-ins against SB in (2) tables of 5/10 HU (-7K total for the session).

It is hard to describe the entirety of it all. Basically, I was out-flopped throughout the entire session. I was paid off in a couple spots and made a couple poor costly decisions, but I did not have near as many profitable match-ups. In a couple instances, I made a healthy bet on the river with what I thought to be the best hand only to have to fold after facing a raise.

I have taken notes from two sessions between SB and Baseball and each of the sessions I have played against SB, but I have been unsuccessful in changing the tide. I don't believe in blaming poor results on bad luck, but I have been quite unfortunate. It was difficult losing with bottom set vs. top two pair twice against Baseball for 2K & 3K on Sunday. It is part of poker, but I cannot afford to run so miserably against SB. He is much stronger than I had thought, but the deck keep smacking him in the face. I learned a little bit more about his betting patterns, but I should considering I lost nearly 9K in the process. I am going to take a few days off from playing against SB. In the meantime, I will look over my notes and devise a new plan of action. Hopefully, I will be more successful next time around...

Eh, I guess this qualifies as a rant of sorts. I'll try to keep these to a minimum in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home