Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday Re-cap

I played both WSOP qualifiers online. In Tilt, I fell short in the race with AK v. TT in the second hour. I chipped up to 1,500 before sending it in after two players limped with the blinds at 40/80. Limper called with 77 and caught a 7 on the turn. I hung around into the fourth hour in Stars without a single sweat of elimination. However, I wasn't able to amass a stack larger than 7K from the starting 2,500. I re-shoved from middle position with AQo without any fold equity and a player re-shoved cold behind. Unfortunately, he showed AA and I was sent packing. Since I haven't played a WSOP satelitte since April 1st, I have only spent $3,280. I'm pretty bummed.

In other news, my dad and I finished in the cellar in 'The Classic' at Valencia Country Club. It was quite a site and may have been the worst performance in the history of the tournament. We received a trophy, but it was primarily an excuse to mention our accomplishment at the banquet. I didn't have high hopes going in, as I tore a nasty blister on Wednesday (before the 3-day tournament began). I also couldn't find my swing. Let me re-phrase, I don't have a swing, but I was unable to show an brief glimpses of brilliance. It was not until the last three holes on Saturday did I find the right grip and fluid swing. As poorly as I played, I made par on the last three holes of the tournament. Lol

Molly was put to sleep on Friday. She had been struggling in the last few months, but she took a turn for the worst earlier in the week. In her younger days, she enjoyed drinking water out of a running hose and was quite a good swimmer. In fact, she beat my cousin, David, in a race about a decade ago. He was 8 or 9. She wasn't the friendliest dog, but she was also very excited after our family returned from a week-long vacation. Her favorite mementos were Micky Mouse (stuffed animal), platypus (beanie baby), milk bones and her kennel. She was 13.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home