Monday, June 11, 2007

Commerce

After a brief hiatus from live poker, I played a 3 hour session at Commerce. The 5/10 NL at Commerce is quite an interesting game. The maximum buy-in is $400, but a player has the option to rebuy up to $600 after the initial buy-in. The rake is atrocious, in between hand commentary is almost intolerable and the level of play is the worst I've seen.

A few hands:

I re-raised w/ Q7cc 30 to 110 from the SB and was called by the opener. Flop came Q99. I chump lead 105 (195 behind) and called all-in. I held against AK.

I raised to 40 UTG w/ AA. We took the flop 4/5-ways. The flop came 889. I played it slow (check) and the fourth player in the pot bet 150. He was an elderly Asian gentleman and a very poor player. I called. After an insignificant turn card, I check/called 200 after deliberating for a couple minutes. I was fairly confident (70/30) I had the best hand, but I did not think he had a hand worth strong enough to call a raise. I quickly check/called 300 (300 behind) after another insignificant card came off on the river. He showed KK (?) and I won the pot. I was looking for anything but an all-in bet on the river, but I still declined to put in the remainder. I could have analyzed the hand for a few more moments on the river, but it would have been difficult putting my opponent on an overpair (especially KK or QQ) after simply over-calling the initial raise pre-flop.

It has been a while since I have posted positive content, so I will not elaborate on the hands in which I lost.

3 hours, +765 and a damn good car wash!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home