Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mega Satelitte

Last night I played (2) $350 satelittes for the 1500+80 Mega on Tuesday. In the first satelitte, I took AQ against AK. I also lost a six-way last longer for $100.

The second satelitte was very sucessful. I made a 3-way last longer with the gentleman to my immediate left and Amnon Fillipi for $200 and a head-up last longer with AF for $300. I won a coinflip with AK v. 55 half-way through the satelitte, making me the favorite in the last longer. The situation became very interesting when play dwindled down to three players. Amnon, another gentleman [not in the last longer] and myself were virtually even in chips. At this point, AF and I cancelled the $300 LL. I began raising all-in when I was HU with Amnon and occasionally moved-in from the button. After several all-in bets, AF became a little aggitated and hinted calling me with a wide hand range at this point. In the next SB v BB confrontation, I raised all-in with KK and AF called with Q5o. I win!

When the dust settled, I ended up qualifying for $340. Not too shabby. Afterwards, I had a few drinks with Colson10, Gbecks and Prty P Sux and sweat SBRounder in the $1000 nightly. In the deciding hand, SBRounder raised AI UTG with AK, UTG+1 RR AI with AA and UTG+2 RR AI with KK. Uck. At the time play, play had been dwindled down to ten players from a orginal field of 147.

I played the mega satelitte this afternoon, drawing a fairly tough table. Our original table included Tmay420, The Usher, monkey101 and a hanful of saps. Shaniac moved to our table during the fifth level. I am satisfied with my play, but I was unable to get much going. After taking QQ v KK, I was left with ~3 BBs. I was very lucky on the next two hands in which I doubled and tripled my chips. I began to play more conservatively, with an occasional steal of the blinds and antes, until I was crippled with AQ v AK. I was out the next hand with J7 against A8 in a desperate attempt to double-up

I am going to play a few satelittes and the mega satelitte tomorrow regardless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home