Saturday, November 11, 2006

Deep Stacks & Mega Satelitte

Full Tilt has recently added Deep Stack NL. I played mostly 4 & 8 (1600 buy-in), but I dabbled a little with the 1.50 & 3 as well. In a short session of roughly 500 hands, I came out ahead for nearly $1,100. I felt more comfortable playing with 200BBs, opposed to 100BBs, as I was never over-commited to a hand before the flop.

In my third attempt to qualify for the PCA, I found myself at the wrong end of a coinflip yet again. During the fifth level, I doubled up with AQs v KQo, lost half my stack in a 'Battle of the Blinds' from the BB with ATs v AK, and lost a coinflip with ATo from the B (button) after RR AI. The CO showed 88... Flop brought backdoor straight draws, picked up the wheel draw on the turn, and caught air on the river. GG

I am getting a little sick and tired of mega-satelittes. I estimate my losses at 11K. Although I do not feel I have played as poorly as my results, I must be doing something mechanically wrong. I have also played in mega satelittes for World Poker Tour Championship, Bellagio Cup and Festa al Lago; I can only hope my results at Five Diamond next month will be 'Merry'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home