Friday, November 17, 2006

Home Game

After sleeping in till nearly noon, I arose from my slumber, showered and got dressed. I went to a coffee shop with my grandma - turkey club & fresh fruit.

Then, I drove out to Santa Monica and met up with Cioffi at Starbucks. We browsed a bit on the Internet and played Pasoi. He took an early 3-0 lead after I made a crucial error on the second hand. However, his triumph was short lived; I won the next 5 hands and never looked back.

For the remaininder of the day, I was visiting with friends in the San Fernando Valley. I went to the Birmingham v. Westchester playoff game at 7:00. Russell is a good friend with the head coach of Birmingham, so we were able to watch the game from the sidelines. Birmingham won the game 47-0. The running back, only a junior, is a stud already receiving offers from schools such as Cal and Florida St.

As we were driving back to Russell's he made a few phone calls: the home game was on. It was just like old times - $20 buy-ink, .25 - .50 blinds. I lost $60.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home