Thursday, November 16, 2006

"It's like another perfect day; I love L.A."

... Except when it comes of course to sitting traffic if you plan on leaving the confounds of your own home.

I arrived in Los Angeles in the early evening very energized in part due to a relaxing nap on the airplane. My grandpa picked me up from the airport and I spent some time with my grandparents and a close family friend before I met with a friend in Santa Monica. Mike Cioffi is a close friend of mine from St. Mary's, currently working for the Adam Carolla Show. I'd listen to the show myself, but I don't often find myself up early in time to tune in. We went to an Irish pub, shot the breeze for a couple hours and caught up on old times. Afterwards, I decided to head back to my grandparents to get some sleep.

Oh how I was calm and collected on the drive back. I came across 5-6 entrances onto freeway, all of which were of course closed. After nearly an hour and a half and a fresh tank of gas, I was finally able to find my way on the freeway. It is not often a detour leads to a detour, leads to a detour, leads to a detour, etc. In the meantime, I toured a decent section of Santa Monica and Venice. I am such a horrible driver, even worse with directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home