Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday

It seemed like an ordinary day, but I woke up with the itch this morning for tournaments. I played a little cash, earning $175 in a few hours of 2/4 & 3/6, before the Sunday Majors began. I played the following tournaments: Bodog 200K (109), Stars Million (530), Stars 2nd Chance (215) and Full Tilt 300K (216).

Stars 2nd Chance

AI PF with TT v. 77. I flopped a set, but Villain made a four card flush on the turn.

Full Tilt:

Within six tables of reaching the money, I attempted a steal with 89s from EP. Action folded around to the BB, who called with KK.

Bodog:

26th of 1900ish. Atter the chipleader eliminated three players with 29 remaining, the tables were combined. In the previous hand, I was on the button, but I was re-assigned UTG. With blinds at 6K/12K, I went AI with QJs for 91K and was called by JJ. A single 'paint scare' came on the flop. Unfortunately, it was a king.

Stars Million:

I have had zero success in 500+ buy-in tournaments on Poker Stars. Therefore, I was a little skeptical. Unfortunately, I was not able to get off to a smooth start. After doubling-up toward the end of the first hour with AA v. KK, it became a grind. I was short on chips for the majority of the tournament, but I maneuvered very nicely into the final two hundred players. I made a lot of correct decisions throughout the tournament, but I definitely gambled on the last hand. I limped with TT from EP in hopes to entice a raise or squeeze. The attempt was unsuccessful. Two other player limped, the SB completed and the BB checked. The flop came 986, SB bet 32K, I raised AI (91K) and SB called (86). I came up empty, missing the 9-outer, then 12-outer.


Back to the grind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home