Sunday, February 04, 2007

Owned

Before the Super Bowl festivities this afternoon, I played 2/4 and 5/10 NL on Poker.com. After making an obvious mistake early on, I was stuck $500. Thereafter, it was all downhill. Golfguy has not missed a flop all week and I have probably lost nearly 4K to him throughout the week. He might as well been looking over my shoulder. I mean the guy cannot miss. On a flop of K65, I lead into him with A8. After which, I fired again on the turn. I had no chance; he turned a flush draw and I gave up on the river. I find it very annoying when an opponent calls with nowhere close to 3 to 1 on the turn with a draw with no intentions of bluffing the river. Especially when I am drawing slim against the marginal holding.

Here is the hand of the day...

After a coupld players limped, I raised to 60 with AsJs. Golfguy came in two seats behind with a call. Suprise, surprise...

The flop came 965 with a lone spade. I bet 120; Golfguy called. The turn brought the 4s. I checked; Golfguy bet 255; I raised to 800 (AI); Golfguy after some deliberation called 545. Golfguy shows 33; I brick; and I am real pissed.

He types, "I knew you had that. Actually, I thought you were stronger." Of course, he was conveniently assumed I held AK. Shortly after on 2/4, I held AK v 66 on a flop of K62. Against who? Golfguy, of course.

...

In other news, Badbeatme finished 2nd in the 1K at Council Bluffs for 32K and Looshle was part of a two-way chop in the 1K Limit Hold'em at Commerce for 52K. Congratulations!!!

...

Super Bowl: Colts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home