Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Re-cap

After qualifying via 109 sat. in the second attempt, I was in the FTOPS M.E. for less than half of the entry fee. Three hours into the tournament, Toto Leonidas was on a short stack of (4) big blinds on the button. I shoved AI for ~10K from the CO, assuming Toto would call with any two cards, as he would unlikely have another heads-up situation. Toto called with A8 and I held, winning the bounting in addition to the pot. Thereafter, I was unable to gain any momentum. With the blinds at 400/800 and the blinds going up within the next minute, I raised AI for nearly 10K with A2o from the button. I am hesitant making this type of play, as it is very likely being in a dominated situation if an opponent calls. However, I went with the hand otherwise. The big blind called with A8 and that was that.

In the Sunday Million, I doubled early with AK v. AJ. It was a very awkward hand. I limped UTG and the BB minimum raised. Although the AI amount was very large, I went ahead with the original intention. GG, buddy. The next hand of signifigance came as the tournament approached the bubble. I raised 3x with AA and the BB re-raised AI with 99. The flop came A62. Turn 9. River 9!!! It was a little gross. At least I ended up backing into the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home