Saturday, February 10, 2007

Rollercoaster of Emotions

Over the past two days, I have played GeorgeTheGitbag HU on Poker.com. Basically, he's got no shot. He plays conservative and extremely passive, both uncommon charateristics in HU. In a hand in which I flopped the nut straight, GTG c/r 3x on the flop. Since he only raises on rare occasions, I should have re-raised AI, assuming he held two pair or a set. Instead, I simply called planning on raising AI on the turn. However, the board paired, then double-paired, and GTG won the pot with a full house. I am still confused why it is he checked the river.

Shortly after, on a flop of 3d7s4s I held the 5d6d. (Note: When I mention specific suits, it indicates the obvious.) GTG bet $78 into a $12 pot. I was puzzled. It is not often an opponent bets in excess of 6.5x the size of the pot. I raised AI for $476 and was quickly called. GTG showed 74.

The turn was the 4d. Sigh...

However, the river brought the 7d! Straight flushyyy

...

Congratulations, Jon Eaton, who was part of a two-way chop in the $1,500 NL at LAPC for 136K!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home