Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Close Call

At my first table of a 175 Double Shoout Sat. for PCA, I got incredibly lucky on a number of occasions. Before entering heads-up play, I won every hand in which I got in with the worst of it. I had a very large chip lead from 5 players down and through heads-up play. On the first hand HU, my opponent doubled through with A2s v KJo.

After trading blinds for nearly a level, I was a 2 to 1 chipleader and got all-in with AK v AJs. However, I was quickly behind after a J came on the flop. Nevertheless, running straight cards gave me the winning hand. Phew, what a relief!

At the final table, a player was elimanted on the first hand and the chip movement continued to be swift. When the blinds reached 25/50, I began flinging my chips into the pot in hopes for a double-up. It did not take long until I was left crippled after 88 was unable to hold against KQo. I was sent to the rail two hands later, losing another race AQo v 77.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home