Friday, December 22, 2006

Overhaul

I decided to embark on a wild adventure after countless months of failure in online cash games. Rather than making making minor adjustments, additions and/or subtractions, I have completely revamped my overall approach.

In 5/10 NL on Party Poker, I took the following basic approach:

Limp only in mult-way pots, raise position and squeeze often. I steadily maintained a 17/9 (VPI/PFR)

During the trial period, I will be playing 2/4 NL (9-handed) on Full Tilt and have preliminary standards of 30/10.

Here are my results thus far after 4,697 hands:

VPI: 28.55
PFR: 10.26
Net: + 1981.50
BB/100: 5.27
TWR: 215/hour

I am very satisfied with my results after only 9 hours of play. Although under no circumstances could I maintain such a high win rate, a win rate between sixty (60) and one hundred (100) is very possible.

Changes I have noticed thus far:

- Attempting to steal blinds less
- Open limping from various positions
- Sandbagging from early position

Basically, I am putting in less volume before the flop, allowing for more post-flop play. I am limping more and [especially in position] raising less, which has resulted in being re-raised less often. Therefore, I have become comfortable getting away from hands like QQ and AK. I am staring to find a groove in the post-Party Poker era. Phew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home